Buildkite vs wercker: What are the differences?
What is Buildkite? Fast, secure and scalable CI/CD for all your software projects. CI and build automation tool that combines the power of your own build infrastructure with the convenience of a managed, centralized web UI. Used by Shopify, Basecamp, Digital Ocean, Venmo, Cochlear, Bugsnag and more.
What is wercker? Build, test, and deploy container-native applications. Wercker is a CI/CD developer automation platform designed for Microservices & Container Architecture.
Buildkite and wercker belong to "Continuous Integration" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Buildkite are:
- Fast and stable builds
- Open source agent runs on almost any machine and architecture
- Freedom to use your own internal or pre-release tools and services
On the other hand, wercker provides the following key features:
- Pipelines - Wercker's Pipelines enable developers to fully automate builds, tests and deployments with Docker as a first class citizen.
- Workflows - With Workflows: a collection of pipelines can be chained and triggered to achieve complex automation goals.
- Steps Store - A step is a self contained best practice for accomplishing a specific automation task. Build your own or help yourself to our community based store.
"Great customer support" is the top reason why over 17 developers like Buildkite, while over 34 developers mention "Automatic Deployments" as the leading cause for choosing wercker.
FashionUnited, Hazeorid, and Wantedly are some of the popular companies that use wercker, whereas Buildkite is used by Shopify, 99designs, and Teleport. wercker has a broader approval, being mentioned in 40 company stacks & 23 developers stacks; compared to Buildkite, which is listed in 37 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
What is Buildkite?
What is wercker?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Buildkite?
What are the cons of using wercker?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Buildkite provides testing of the Rails application via a Docker container with Docker Compose. The Buildkite Agent runs on a small Digital Ocean droplet, runs the integration and model tests, and marks the GitHub commit for Heroku to perform their auto-deployments once the build is green.