Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Dialogflow vs Microsoft Bot Framework: What are the differences?
Dialogflow: Give users new ways to interact with your product by building engaging voice and text-based conversational apps. Give users new ways to interact with your product by building engaging voice and text-based conversational apps; Microsoft Bot Framework: Connect intelligent bots that interact via text/sms, Skype, Slack, Office 365 mail and other popular services. The Microsoft Bot Framework provides just what you need to build and connect intelligent bots that interact naturally wherever your users are talking, from text/sms to Skype, Slack, Office 365 mail and other popular services.
Dialogflow and Microsoft Bot Framework can be categorized as "Chatbot Platforms &" tools.
Microsoft Bot Framework is an open source tool with 5.7K GitHub stars and 2.2K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Microsoft Bot Framework's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Microsoft Bot Framework has a broader approval, being mentioned in 12 company stacks & 14 developers stacks; compared to Dialogflow, which is listed in 10 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.
Hi, does anyone have recommendations for a chatbot framework? I am currently using Botpress, and I am not happy with it. The upside is: They pretty much have everything you can ask for in a bot solution, but the issue is: They did nothing right, the documentation is terrible, and you have this feeling of it falling apart at any time, which is what actually happened once.
My ideal solution would have:
- Support for Messenger and web (should either have a website chat plugin or straightforward integration with a different one)
- A visual builder (for none tech team members) | This is not a hard requirement though
- A slick DX for building simple things like API calls or more advanced stuff.
- We currently only have a "click bot," so no crazy NLP features required, but in the future a requirement
What I do not want: - I do not want a solution where "someone else" builds the bot for me
- OOTB integration with Messenger and you may use the Web Demo integration provided to embed it to your website. For Messenger, you even have some responses such as image responses, card responses and for those that are not available you can use custom payload.
- It has a very nice visual builder which can be easily used by non-technical builders.
- Fulfillment allows you to easily integrate your APIs.
Coursera has a very nice two-week course to learn how to use it.
Pros of Dialogflow
- Built-in conversational agents16
- Custom Webhooks6
- Multi Lingual4
- Great interface4
- OOTB integrations4
- Knowledge base2
- Quick display1
Pros of Microsoft Bot Framework
- Well documented, easy to use18
- Sending Proactive messages for the Different channels3
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Dialogflow
- Multi lingual8
- Can’t be self-hosted2
Cons of Microsoft Bot Framework
- LUIS feature adds multilingual capabilities2