Domino vs MongoDB Stitch: What are the differences?
Developers describe Domino as "A PaaS for data science - easily run R, Python or Matlab code in the cloud with automatic version control for data, code, and results". Use our cloud-hosted infrastructure to securely run your code on powerful hardware with a single command — without any changes to your code. If you have your own infrastructure, our Enterprise offering provides powerful, easy-to-use cluster management functionality behind your firewall. On the other hand, MongoDB Stitch is detailed as "Backend as a Service for web and mobile applications". MongoDB Stitch lets developers focus on building applications rather than on managing data manipulation code, service integration, or backend infrastructure. Stitch lets you focus on building the app users want, not on writing boilerplate backend logic.
Domino and MongoDB Stitch can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Domino are:
- Domino Cloud supports the most powerful data analysis languages — Python, R, MATLAB, and Julia
- Modern and powerful cluster management
- Use a single-core machine during development
On the other hand, MongoDB Stitch provides the following key features:
- REST API to MongoDB Atlas
- Declarative data access controls
- Service integrations (AWS S3, Twilio...)