Fastly vs imgix: What are the differences?
What is Fastly? We're redefining content delivery. Fastly's real-time content delivery network gives you total control over your content, unprecedented access to performance analytics, and the ability to instantly update content in 150 milliseconds.
What is imgix? Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
Fastly and imgix are primarily classified as "Content Delivery Network" and "Image Processing and Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Fastly are:
- static content delivery
- event-driven content delivery
- Dynamic Site Acceleration (DSA)
On the other hand, imgix provides the following key features:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
"Real-time updates" is the top reason why over 20 developers like Fastly, while over 23 developers mention "Image processing on demand" as the leading cause for choosing imgix.
Twitter, reddit, and Slack are some of the popular companies that use Fastly, whereas imgix is used by Coursera, Product Hunt, and Zillow. Fastly has a broader approval, being mentioned in 96 company stacks & 11 developers stacks; compared to imgix, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Fastly?
What is imgix?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions