Gitcolony vs Phabricator: What are the differences?
Developers describe Gitcolony as "The next generation of pull requests". Gitcolony encourages developers to share early feedback, do partial reviews, reduce rework and leverage the knowledge of the whole group. Teams become more efficient by adding visibility to the process. On the other hand, Phabricator is detailed as "Open Source, Software Development Platform". Phabricator is a collection of open source web applications that help software companies build better software.
Gitcolony and Phabricator can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gitcolony are:
- set up and enforce your own custom rules to keep your code quality under control. Gitcolony helps you reinforce your code review policies and best practices your team follows informally
- collaborate with your team in real time, performing progressive checks to avoid titanic reviews
- encourage software developers with performance rankings and gamification techniques
On the other hand, Phabricator provides the following key features:
- reviewing code before it hits master
- auditing code after it hits master
- hosting Git/Hg/SVN repositories