What is Greenplum Database?
What is Hadoop?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Greenplum Database?
What are the cons of using Greenplum Database?
What are the cons of using Hadoop?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Since the beginning, Cal Henderson has been the CTO of Slack. Earlier this year, he commented on a Quora question summarizing their current stack.Apps
- Desktop: And Electron to ship it as a desktop application.
- Android: a mix of Java and Kotlin.
- iOS: written in a mix of Objective C and Swift.
- The core application and the API written in PHP/Hack that runs on HHVM.
- The data is stored in MySQL using Vitess.
- Caching is done using Memcached and MCRouter.
- The search service takes help from SolrCloud, with various Java services.
- The messaging system uses WebSockets with many services in Java and Go.
- Load balancing is done using HAproxy with Consul for configuration.
- Most services talk to each other over gRPC,
- Some Thrift and JSON-over-HTTP
- Voice and video calling service was built in Elixir.
- Built using open source tools including Presto, Spark, Airflow, Hadoop and Kafka.
The MapReduce workflow starts to process experiment data nightly when data of the previous day is copied over from Kafka. At this time, all the raw log requests are transformed into meaningful experiment results and in-depth analysis. To populate experiment data for the dashboard, we have around 50 jobs running to do all the calculations and transforms of data.
in 2009 we open sourced mrjob, which allows any engineer to write a MapReduce job without contending for resources. We’re only limited by the amount of machines in an Amazon data center (which is an issue we’ve rarely encountered).
The massive volume of discovery data that powers Pinterest and enables people to save Pins, create boards and follow other users, is generated through daily Hadoop jobs...
Importing/Exporting data, interpreting results. Possible integration with SAS