Hosted Graphite vs Statsite: What are the differences?
Hosted Graphite: Graphite as a service. Hosted Graphite is the powerful open-source application metrics system used by hundreds of companies. We take away the headaches of scaling, maintenance, and upgrades and let you do what you do best - write great software; Statsite: C implementation of statsd. Statsite is a metrics aggregation server. Statsite is based heavily on Etsy's StatsD https://github.com/etsy/statsd, and is wire compatible.
Hosted Graphite and Statsite belong to "Monitoring Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Hosted Graphite are:
- Dashboards- Standard Graphite and Tasseo dashboards out of the box
- Account Sharing- Allow team members to customise graphs and dashboards
- Access Keys- Export data to external monitoring systems, dashboards and alerting systems
On the other hand, Statsite provides the following key features:
- Multiple metric types
- Efficient summary metrics for timer data
- Dynamic set implementation
Statsite is an open source tool with 1.73K GitHub stars and 241 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Statsite's open source repository on GitHub.