Inspeqtor vs Librato: What are the differences?
What is Inspeqtor? Easy application infrastructure monitoring. Inspeqtor monitors your application infrastructure. It gathers and verifies key metrics from all the moving parts in your application and alerts you when something looks wrong. It understands the application deployment workflow so it won't bother you during a deploy.
What is Librato? Real-Time Cloud Monitoring. Librato provides a complete solution for monitoring and understanding the metrics that impact your business at all levels of the stack. We provide everything you need to visualize, analyze, and actively alert on the metrics that matter to you.
Inspeqtor and Librato can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Inspeqtor are:
- Monitor init.d-, systemd-, upstart-, runit- or launchd-managed services
- Monitor process memory and CPU usage
- Monitor daemon-specific metrics (e.g. redis, memcached, mysql, nginx...)
On the other hand, Librato provides the following key features:
- REST API accepts any metrics you define
- Turnkey integration with AWS, Heroku, collectd, and more
- Integrates with more than 100 open-source agents, and language bindings
Inspeqtor is an open source tool with 1.63K GitHub stars and 73 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Inspeqtor's open source repository on GitHub.