Librato vs New Relic: What are the differences?
Librato: Real-Time Cloud Monitoring. Librato provides a complete solution for monitoring and understanding the metrics that impact your business at all levels of the stack. We provide everything you need to visualize, analyze, and actively alert on the metrics that matter to you; New Relic: SaaS Application Performance Management for Ruby, PHP, .Net, Java, Python, and Node.js Apps. New Relic is the all-in-one web application performance tool that lets you see performance from the end user experience, through servers, and down to the line of application code.
Librato and New Relic can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Librato are:
- REST API accepts any metrics you define
- Turnkey integration with AWS, Heroku, collectd, and more
- Integrates with more than 100 open-source agents, and language bindings
On the other hand, New Relic provides the following key features:
- Performance Data Retention
- Real-User Response Time, Throughput, & Breakdown by Layer
- App Response Time, Throughput, & Breakdown by Component
"Easy setup" is the top reason why over 13 developers like Librato, while over 411 developers mention "Easy setup" as the leading cause for choosing New Relic.
According to the StackShare community, New Relic has a broader approval, being mentioned in 3142 company stacks & 575 developers stacks; compared to Librato, which is listed in 61 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.