IronMQ vs Kafka Manager: What are the differences?
IronMQ: Message Queue for any deployment. An easy-to-use highly available message queuing service. Built for distributed cloud applications with critical messaging needs. Provides on-demand message queuing with advanced features and cloud-optimized performance; Kafka Manager: A tool for managing Apache Kafka, developed by Yahoo. This interface makes it easier to identify topics which are unevenly distributed across the cluster or have partition leaders unevenly distributed across the cluster. It supports management of multiple clusters, preferred replica election, replica re-assignment, and topic creation. It is also great for getting a quick bird’s eye view of the cluster.
IronMQ and Kafka Manager belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by IronMQ are:
- Instant High Availability- Runs on top cloud infrastructures and uses multiple high-availability data centers. Uses reliable datastores for message durability and persistence.
- Easy to Use- IronMQ is super easy to use. Simply connect directly to the API endpoints and you're ready to create and use queues. There are also client libraries available in any language you want – Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, .NET, Go, Node.JS, and more
- Scalable / High Performance- Built using high-performance languages designed for concurrency and runs on industrial-strength clouds. Push messages and stream data at will without worrying about memory limits or adding more servers.
On the other hand, Kafka Manager provides the following key features:
- Manage multiple clusters
- Easy inspection of cluster state (topics, brokers, replica distribution, partition distribution)
- Run preferred replica election
Kafka Manager is an open source tool with 7.55K GitHub stars and 1.84K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kafka Manager's open source repository on GitHub.
HotelTonight, Coinbase, and Hubble are some of the popular companies that use IronMQ, whereas Kafka Manager is used by Yahoo!, IgnitionOne, and Ocado Technology. IronMQ has a broader approval, being mentioned in 9 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to Kafka Manager, which is listed in 8 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
What is IronMQ?
What is Kafka Manager?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Kafka Manager?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Kafka Manager?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I deploy to Heroku. However, my applications require full linux applications that cannot be deployed to Heroku. I deploy them to Rackspace.
Then Heroku and Rackspace communicate over IronMQ. Problem solved.