NetBeans IDE vs Terraform: What are the differences?
Developers describe NetBeans IDE as "Quickly and easily develop desktop, mobile and web applications with Java, HTML5, PHP, C/C++ and more". NetBeans IDE is FREE, open source, and has a worldwide community of users and developers. On the other hand, Terraform is detailed as "Describe your complete infrastructure as code and build resources across providers". With Terraform, you describe your complete infrastructure as code, even as it spans multiple service providers. Your servers may come from AWS, your DNS may come from CloudFlare, and your database may come from Heroku. Terraform will build all these resources across all these providers in parallel.
NetBeans IDE belongs to "Integrated Development Environment" category of the tech stack, while Terraform can be primarily classified under "Infrastructure Build Tools".
Some of the features offered by NetBeans IDE are:
- Best Support for Latest Java Technologies
- Fast & Smart Code Editing
- Easy & Efficient Project Management
On the other hand, Terraform provides the following key features:
- Infrastructure as Code: Infrastructure is described using a high-level configuration syntax. This allows a blueprint of your datacenter to be versioned and treated as you would any other code. Additionally, infrastructure can be shared and re-used.
- Execution Plans: Terraform has a "planning" step where it generates an execution plan. The execution plan shows what Terraform will do when you call apply. This lets you avoid any surprises when Terraform manipulates infrastructure.
- Resource Graph: Terraform builds a graph of all your resources, and parallelizes the creation and modification of any non-dependent resources. Because of this, Terraform builds infrastructure as efficiently as possible, and operators get insight into dependencies in their infrastructure.
"Rich features" is the primary reason why developers consider NetBeans IDE over the competitors, whereas "Infrastructure as code" was stated as the key factor in picking Terraform.
Terraform is an open source tool with 17.7K GitHub stars and 4.83K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Terraform's open source repository on GitHub.
Uber Technologies, Instacart, and Slack are some of the popular companies that use Terraform, whereas NetBeans IDE is used by Accenture, Edify, and Adsia. Terraform has a broader approval, being mentioned in 509 company stacks & 312 developers stacks; compared to NetBeans IDE, which is listed in 62 company stacks and 46 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is NetBeans IDE?
What is Terraform?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions