Paddle vs WePay: What are the differences?
Developers describe Paddle as "The better way to sell software". A platform that takes makes it incredibly simple to sell apps, games and other digital products.
We think that creators should be allowed to focus on building awesome products, so we handle all of the boring things like payments, analytics, customer support and VAT so that they can do just that Using Paddle's software development kits, developers can easily set up trial versions, licensing mechanisms, in-app purchases and even track performance & usage with Paddle’s in-app analytics technology -- all under a single dashboard.. On the other hand, WePay is detailed as "The easiest way to accept payments". WePay helps people sell tickets to events, send invoices, sell items online, and accept donations online. WePay also provides an API that allows developers to access its payments platform.
Paddle and WePay can be categorized as "Payment Services" tools.
Some of the features offered by Paddle are:
- End-to-end customer journey
- Flexible subscription billing
- Global commerce platform
On the other hand, WePay provides the following key features:
- Online Invoicing- Send custom, professional invoices to your customers. Customers receive an email and can pay online.
- Itemization- Get paid for all your work. Itemize your invoices so customers know exactly what they're paying for.
- Recurring Invoices- Save time by sending recurring invoices online. Automatically send invoices weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually.