PhraseApp vs Transifex: What are the differences?
Developers describe PhraseApp as "Translate your software better". Translation management solution for web and mobile applications. Collaborate with your team, find professional translators and stay on top of the process. On the other hand, Transifex is detailed as "GitHub for Translation". Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
PhraseApp and Transifex can be categorized as "Translation Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by PhraseApp are:
- Translation Center- Manage and translate multiple localization projects at one place.
- In-Context Editor- Translate your web application in-context and boost translation quality.
- API- Integrate PhraseApp into your technical workflow.
On the other hand, Transifex provides the following key features:
- Command-line tool: A Git-like command line tool that lets developers manage translations within a project without an elaborate UI system. They can use the command-line client to create new resources, map locale files to translations, and synchronize their Transifex project with local files and vice versa
- Order translations: Get professional-quality translations in 33 languages
- Reports: See a list of users who have contributed to your projects along with the number of new and edited words each one has translated