Postmark vs SparkPost: What are the differences?
Developers describe Postmark as "Email delivery for web apps - done right". Postmark removes the headaches of delivering and parsing transactional email for webapps with minimal setup time and zero maintenance. On the other hand, SparkPost is detailed as "Email Delivery and Analytics for Developers and Enterprises". SparkPost is the world’s #1 email delivery provider. We empower companies with actionable, real-time data to send relevant email to their customers which increases engagement and both top and bottom line revenue.
Postmark and SparkPost belong to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Postmark are:
- Create a new virtual server- Instant access to our infrastructure, no waiting required. Create as many servers as you want, for each of your web applications and environments.
- Drop code into your app- Swap in our SMTP endpoint, or get started with our APIs using one of our send API libraries for Ruby, Rails, .NET, Python, PHP, and more.
- Send emails and track delivery- A beautiful interface to monitor volume, bounces, spam complaints, and send activity. View full email content to troubleshoot issues.
On the other hand, SparkPost provides the following key features:
- Quick and easy SMTP or REST API integration
- Free trial
- Real-time & predictive analytics
"Simple" is the top reason why over 17 developers like Postmark, while over 8 developers mention "I could start sending real emails in less than 5 mins" as the leading cause for choosing SparkPost.
Docplanner, Meetupcall, and Lighthouse are some of the popular companies that use Postmark, whereas SparkPost is used by Pinterest, Dial Once, and DocEngage. Postmark has a broader approval, being mentioned in 66 company stacks & 15 developers stacks; compared to SparkPost, which is listed in 49 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.
What is Postmark?
What is SparkPost?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add, upvote and see more consMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Send transactional or marketing email from your web apps. SparkPost provides all the deliverability, scalability and speed you expect from the world's leading email platform in an easily integrated, pay-as-you-go email delivery service.
We use Postmark for application-specific transactional emails like notifications and digests for our users.