We were using a hosted version of Redmine to track defects and user stories originally. We migrated to Jira.
Jira was an easy decision for a number of reasons:
- It's much more "Scrum ready" straight out of the box
- It's so much easier to keep a track of progress (I love the reporting)
- It natively encourages you to adhere to Scrum/Agile/Kanban practices
- Atlassian has a fantastic DevOps ecosystem when considering the likes of Confluence and Bamboo etc
- So many integrations!
- Its UI is so intuitive which makes it an absolute pleasure to use!
I know there are alot of other tools in this space but not even considering anything else at the moment. Love Jira!