We were using a hosted version of Redmine to track defects and user stories originally. We migrated to Jira.
Jira was an easy decision for a number of reasons:
- It's much more "Scrum ready" straight out of the box
- It's so much easier to keep a track of progress (I love the reporting)
- It natively encourages you to adhere to Scrum/Agile/Kanban practices
- Atlassian has a fantastic DevOps ecosystem when considering the likes of Confluence and Bamboo etc
- So many integrations!
- Its UI is so intuitive which makes it an absolute pleasure to use!
I know there are alot of other tools in this space but not even considering anything else at the moment. Love Jira!
You can get all of above with redmine plugins. (Also UI like https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mrliptontea/PurpleMine2/master/screenshots/issues.png)
If you have good devops/tech team then you can ask them to modify the redmine stack as per use. As Jira has its own saturation when in comes on the angle of statistical projects management,