PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub’s developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates, at a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
We are an all-star technical team comprising of folks who have been part of successful acquisitions in enterprise and consumer software companies. If you like hyper scale systems and engineering projects that redefine limits, PubNub is for you. PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
As Developer Relations Engineer, you will use modern APIs to build open source software examples and demos for PubNub for Mobile and other platforms combining PubNub APIs. You will use the latest technology and champion developer interests in your pick of niche communities. This role is ideal for those that have had a past job title of Developer Educator, Developer Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Developer Relations, Software Engineer and the like.
You work with developers and with other departments to understand developer needs and translate those needs into solutions, such as code examples, demos, talks, videos, documentation, workshops, meetups, events, and more. You represent the developer and own developer problems externally and internally for the company and are confident in making a case presenting developer problems and solutions to other teams.
You enjoy public speaking, sharing your work, and do it with a positive and outgoing attitude. Ongoing flexibility in how you do your work to accomplish your goals is totally ok with you. You like exploring programming languages and technologies you may not be familiar with and can rapidly assess how to produce and promote new content and solutions for your discoveries.
As a Developer Advocate, you will build relationships with the developer community by generating content that will:
- Grow developer interest in PubNub.
- Provoke more signups and trials for PubNub's service.
- Educate developers about PubNub capability and implementation best practices.
- Help customers integrate PubNub rapidly into their projects.
- Create technical, developer-centric content for the PubNub blog, tutorials pages, and external media.
- Create lectures and present at developer meetups before a technical audience.
- Travel to developer conferences, user group meetups, and hackathons and participate on behalf of PubNub.
- Do keyword research and SEO for all content that you create.
- Explore and use PubNub features and provide feedback to product teams.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand the functionality of products and represent the voice of the developer community.
- Work with the marketing team to create strategy for the developer funnel. Report metrics of events and content.
Required Skills & Experience
- Seasoned Software Engineering and/or Developer Relations experience. We are specifically looking for several years of experience in mobile development in multiple languages.
- Examples include Kotlin, Java, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Inherent sense of empathy for Developers in the community as well as your teammates and co-workers.
- Demonstrate creativity, empathy, and outstanding communication ability - excellent spoken and written English.
- Happy to travel occasionally.
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly.
- An innate, heightened urgency to complete projects on time and with high quality.
- General Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skill.
- Fluent in English, with Japanese or Korean as a bonus
- Other API Development Experience (frameworks in languages like Python, Node.js, C#, PHP, Java, C++ or other).
- IoT (C or Python) Development Experience.
- Full Stack Web Application Development Experience
- Serverless Microservice Development Experience
- Higher education degree/certification in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Image and Video editing skills for instructional videos and diagrams in blog/tutorial content
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a well funded, innovative global company on high growth trajectory expanding into the APAC region
- Partner with top customers in our vision to make virtual experiences and spaces as engaging as in-person ones
- Work in a friendly, collaborative and passionate environment that takes pride in exploring new ideas and solving real problems
- Company sponsored health plan which includes eligible dependents for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage in addition to a competitive compensation package
- Open vacation policy which allows you to take time off when you need it
- Other perks such as Fitness benefits, home office supply reimbursement, Mobile and Internet stipend
- Flexibility to work remote or from our centrally located offices (co-sharing)
- Last but most importantly, a fun team that loves to celebrate achievements of all sizes
Note: I acknowledge that this position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.