Apiary vs Postman: What are the differences?
Apiary: Integrated API documentation, prototyping and testing. It takes more than a simple HTML page to thrill your API users. The right tools take weeks of development. Weeks that apiary.io saves; Postman: Only complete API development environment. Postman is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
Apiary belongs to "Documentation as a Service & Tools" category of the tech stack, while Postman can be primarily classified under "API Tools".
Some of the features offered by Apiary are:
- Documentation- Organized around resources, code samples with syntax highlight, easy to explore.
- Inspector- Users can make API calls through apiary.io, we show them how they differ from documentation.
- Community- Opensource your API documentation on GitHub. The right channel between developers on both side of the API.
On the other hand, Postman provides the following key features:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
"Easy to use" is the primary reason why developers consider Apiary over the competitors, whereas "Easy to use" was stated as the key factor in picking Postman.
Typeform, PedidosYa, and Swat.io are some of the popular companies that use Postman, whereas Apiary is used by Sellsuki, Pipefy, and Hazeorid. Postman has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1752 company stacks & 2232 developers stacks; compared to Apiary, which is listed in 43 company stacks and 19 developer stacks.