AWS CodeBuild vs AWS CodeDeploy: What are the differences?
AWS CodeBuild: Build and test code with continuous scaling. AWS CodeBuild is a fully managed build service that compiles source code, runs tests, and produces software packages that are ready to deploy. With CodeBuild, you don’t need to provision, manage, and scale your own build servers; AWS CodeDeploy: Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications.
AWS CodeBuild belongs to "Continuous Integration" category of the tech stack, while AWS CodeDeploy can be primarily classified under "Deployment as a Service".
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeBuild are:
- Fully Managed Build Service
- Continuous Scaling
- Enables Continuous Integration
On the other hand, AWS CodeDeploy provides the following key features:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
"Pay per minute" is the primary reason why developers consider AWS CodeBuild over the competitors, whereas "Automates code deployments" was stated as the key factor in picking AWS CodeDeploy.
According to the StackShare community, AWS CodeDeploy has a broader approval, being mentioned in 58 company stacks & 15 developers stacks; compared to AWS CodeBuild, which is listed in 21 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS CodeBuild?
What is AWS CodeDeploy?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions