Azure DevOps vs TeamCity: What are the differences?
Azure DevOps: Services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software. Azure DevOps provides unlimited private Git hosting, cloud build for continuous integration, agile planning, and release management for continuous delivery to the cloud and on-premises. Includes broad IDE support; TeamCity: TeamCity is an ultimate Continuous Integration tool for professionals. TeamCity is a user-friendly continuous integration (CI) server for professional developers, build engineers, and DevOps. It is trivial to setup and absolutely free for small teams and open source projects.
Azure DevOps belongs to "Integrated Development Environment Tools" category of the tech stack, while TeamCity can be primarily classified under "Continuous Integration".
Some of the features offered by Azure DevOps are:
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
On the other hand, TeamCity provides the following key features:
- Automate code analyzing, compiling, and testing processes, with having instant feedback on build progress, problems, and test failures, all in a simple, intuitive web-interface
- Simplified setup: create projects from just a VCS repository URL
- Run multiple builds and tests under different configurations and platforms simultaneously
"Complete and powerful" is the primary reason why developers consider Azure DevOps over the competitors, whereas "Easy to configure" was stated as the key factor in picking TeamCity.
According to the StackShare community, TeamCity has a broader approval, being mentioned in 168 company stacks & 51 developers stacks; compared to Azure DevOps, which is listed in 69 company stacks and 65 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Azure DevOps?
What is TeamCity?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions