Azure DevOps vs Testrail: What are the differences?
What is Azure DevOps? Services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software. Azure DevOps provides unlimited private Git hosting, cloud build for continuous integration, agile planning, and release management for continuous delivery to the cloud and on-premises. Includes broad IDE support.
What is Testrail? Efficiently manage, track and organize your software testing efforts. TestRail helps you manage and track your software testing efforts and organize your QA department. Its intuitive web-based user interface makes it easy to create test cases, manage test runs and coordinate your entire testing process.
Azure DevOps belongs to "Project Management" category of the tech stack, while Testrail can be primarily classified under "Test Management".
Some of the features offered by Azure DevOps are:
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
On the other hand, Testrail provides the following key features:
- Efficiently manage test cases, plans and runs
- Boost testing productivity significantly
- Get real-time insights into your testing progress