Bitdeli vs Snowplow: What are the differences?
Bitdeli: Build Your Own Analytics. Build dashboards and reports with exactly the metrics you need using plain Python scripts. There is nothing new to learn. Bitdeli keeps your results up to date, no matter how much data you have or how complex your metrics are. Get started in minutes with our growing library of open-source analytics, created by experienced data hackers; Snowplow: Enterprise-strength web, mobile, and event analytics, powered by Hadoop, Kinesis, Redshift and Elasticsearch. Every single event, from your website(s), mobile app(s), desktop applications and server-side systems, stored in your own data warehouse and available to action in real-time.
Bitdeli and Snowplow can be primarily classified as "Custom Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by Bitdeli are:
- Bitdeli organizes analytics as cards. A card can show where your business is going or what your users are doing - anything based on your data. A card can work as a dashboard or a live report.
- Bitdeli can fetch data from your existing analytics provider and other 3rd party services, so you don't need to change anything to get started with Bitdeli.
- You can also send data directly to Bitdeli to benefit from real-time analytics.
On the other hand, Snowplow provides the following key features:
- Record events from your website, mobile app, server side systems, third party systems and any type of connected device , so that you have a record of what happened, when, and to whom
- Processes that data including validating, enriching and modeling it
- Load that data into your own datawarehouse to power sophisticted analytics
Snowplow is an open source tool with 4.82K GitHub stars and 1K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Snowplow's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Bitdeli?
What is Snowplow?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Bitdeli?
What are the cons of using Snowplow?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
To keep track of who is visiting the repo, but Github recently started offering something similar with https://github.com/cyrusstoller/RevTilt/graphs/traffic.