Bitnami vs Tower: What are the differences?
What is Bitnami? The App Store for Server Software. Our library provides trusted virtual machines for every major development stack and open source server application, ready to run in your infrastructure.
What is Tower? The most powerful Git client for Mac & Windows. Use all of Git's powerful feature set - in a GUI that makes you more productive.
Bitnami and Tower are primarily classified as "Server Software" and "Source Code Management Desktop Apps" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Bitnami are:
- BitNami Cloud Hosting lets you instantly run every BitNami package you already know and love and have it automatically configured, backed up and monitored.
- Launch applications to the cloud with one click.
- Choose from 50 popular open source applications, including SugarCRM, Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress, Redmine, JasperServer, Joomla! and many more.
On the other hand, Tower provides the following key features:
- Clone & create repos with a click - Manage your GitHub, Bitbucket & Beanstalk accounts from within Tower
- Open repos quickly - Tower's "Quick Open" dialog finds and opens repositories in no time
- Automate the boring stuff - Fetching and stashing are automatically done for you, if you wish
"Cloud Management" is the top reason why over 2 developers like Bitnami, while over 16 developers mention "Git" as the leading cause for choosing Tower.
Swat.io, Coderus, and Startae are some of the popular companies that use Tower, whereas Bitnami is used by CameraLends, Devotee, and Mark & Phil. Tower has a broader approval, being mentioned in 31 company stacks & 16 developers stacks; compared to Bitnami, which is listed in 9 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.