Blackfire.io vs Treo: What are the differences?
Blackfire.io: Blackfire Profiler automatically instruments your code to gather data about consumed server resources like memory, CPU time, and I/O. Blackfire achieves a new level of accuracy by aggregating several profile samples and getting rid of non relevant data. Get even deeper and review the interactions with your entire stack (SQL database engines, cache servers, ...); Treo: Page speed monitoring powered by Google's Lighthouse. By combining modern tooling with the power of data visualization, Treo provides evidence of fast web experience and helps you build performant websites.
Blackfire.io and Treo belong to "Performance Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Blackfire.io are:
- Profile a page at a mouse click thanks to the Blackfire web browser extension
- Browse through the function calls and identify performance bottlenecks thanks to the Blackfire intuitive UI
- Because Blackfire is only triggered when you profile a request, there is no overhead for other requests
On the other hand, Treo provides the following key features:
- User Experience Metrics - First Meaningful Paint, First Interactive, Consistently Interactive, Performance Score
- Interactivity Heatmap - Provides an inside on main thread usage and blocking
- Accurate Monitoring - Enter a URL, choose a location, and start monitoring every hour with full access to the history