BlazeMeter vs k6: What are the differences?
Developers describe BlazeMeter as "The Load Testing Platform for Developers". Simulate any user scenario for webapps, websites, mobile apps or web services. 100% Apache JMeter compatible. Scalable from 1 to 1,000,000+ concurrent users.
BlazeMeter and k6 belong to "Load and Performance Testing" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by BlazeMeter are:
- 100% JMeter Compatible- Take full advantage of JMeter’s scripting capabilities or let our auto-scripting feature take care of the details.
- Scalable and Realistic- Easily scale from 100 to 300,000+ concurrent users using realistic visitor behaviour and browser simulation.
- Start Testing in 2 Minutes- Use up to 100 dedicated servers per test. No setup or installation required. Self-service and on-demand.
On the other hand, k6 provides the following key features:
- Primarily for load testing, it also works for functional testing of APIs and microservices with its powerful JS ES6 based scripting API
- Straightforward CLI, sharing many UX aspects with the DevOps tools you already use
k6 is an open source tool with 5.57K GitHub stars and 287 GitHub forks. Here's a link to k6's open source repository on GitHub.