Catalyze vs Cloud Foundry: What are the differences?
What is Catalyze? HIPAA-compliant cloud computing for healthcare. Cloud tools for healthcare. We provide a HIPAA-compliant Platform as a Service (PaaS), HIPAA-compliant Mobile Backend (BaaS), and HL7 integration services. Focus on building your digital health app, and not on compliance. Think of us as your healthcare-specific DevOps team.
What is Cloud Foundry? Deploy and scale applications in seconds on your choice of private or public cloud. Cloud Foundry is an open platform as a service (PaaS) that provides a choice of clouds, developer frameworks, and application services. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy, and scale applications.
Catalyze and Cloud Foundry can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Catalyze are:
- Platform includes everything for infrastructure-specific HIPAA compliance: dedicated logging, monitoring, encryption in transit and at rest, backups, disaster recovery, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, to name a few
- Mobile Backend includes a compliant datastore, user management capabilities, custom classes, and more
- Audited 3 times, 2 HIPAA and 1 HITRUST
On the other hand, Cloud Foundry provides the following key features:
- Application and services centric lifecycle API
- High performance dynamic routing
- Buildpack support
Cloud Foundry is an open source tool with 605 GitHub stars and 532 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Cloud Foundry's open source repository on GitHub.