Cloudant vs restdb.io: What are the differences?
What is Cloudant? Distributed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for web & mobile apps. Cloudant’s distributed database as a service (DBaaS) allows developers of fast-growing web and mobile apps to focus on building and improving their products, instead of worrying about scaling and managing databases on their own.
What is restdb.io? A plug and play database service for the web and beyond. RestDB is a NoSql document oriented database cloud service. Data is accessed as JSON objects via HTTPS. This gives great flexibility, easy system integration and future compatibility.
Cloudant and restdb.io can be primarily classified as "NoSQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cloudant are:
- Managed- Cloudant's big data experts monitor your data 24/7 to ensure its high availability and safety.
- Distributed Multi-Master Database- All read and write transactions can be synced across Cloudant's global data network without global locks, providing true high availability of your data.
- Geo-load Balancing- To keep latency low, our geo-load balancing infrastructure routes requests to the copies of the data that are geographically closest to the requestor.
On the other hand, restdb.io provides the following key features:
- NoSQL + Schema + API
- Rich Data Types, Relations and Hierarchy
- Data Management and Collaboration web app