CloudBees vs Google App Engine: What are the differences?
What is CloudBees? Enterprise Jenkins and DevOps. Enables organizations to build, test and deploy applications to production, utilizing continuous delivery practices. They are focused solely on Jenkins as a tool for continuous delivery both on-premises and in the cloud.
What is Google App Engine? Build web applications on the same scalable systems that power Google applications. Google has a reputation for highly reliable, high performance infrastructure. With App Engine you can take advantage of the 10 years of knowledge Google has in running massively scalable, performance driven systems. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow.
CloudBees and Google App Engine can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by CloudBees are:
- Hosted CI/CD as a Service
- Flexible and governed software delivery automation
- Starter Kit
On the other hand, Google App Engine provides the following key features:
- Zero to sixty: Scale your app automatically without worrying about managing machines.
- Supercharged APIs: Supercharge your app with services such as Task Queue, XMPP, and Cloud SQL, all powered by the same infrastructure that powers the Google services you use every day.
- You're in control: Manage your application with a simple, web-based dashboard allowing you to customize your app's performance.
Snapchat, Accenture, and Movielala are some of the popular companies that use Google App Engine, whereas CloudBees is used by Netflix, Randstad, and Watchguard Technologies, Inc.. Google App Engine has a broader approval, being mentioned in 481 company stacks & 343 developers stacks; compared to CloudBees, which is listed in 3 company stacks and 4 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is CloudBees?
What is Google App Engine?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions