Codefresh vs Kitematic: What are the differences?
What is Codefresh? CI/CD Tailor-Made For Docker. Automate and parallelize testing. Codefresh allows teams to spin up on-demand compositions to run unit and integration tests as part of the continuous integration process. Jenkins integration allows more complex pipelines.
What is Kitematic? The easiest way to start using Docker on your Mac. Simple Docker App management for Mac OS X.
Codefresh and Kitematic can be categorized as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Codefresh are:
- Instant Dev, test and feature preview environments: Enables all team members to run any image as a standalone or composition for feature preview, manual testing, bug reproduction and more. Collaborate on features before pushing them into staging and production.
- Testing with every step: Configure your pipeline to run integration and unit tests with every step
- Instantly test all code changes in the Codefresh build system before pushing to staging & production. Run integration, unit tests in parallel.
On the other hand, Kitematic provides the following key features:
- Mac App with GUI for Docker
- Create images from any folder with a Dockerfile in it
- Configure environment variables
"Fastest and easiest way to work with Docker" is the primary reason why developers consider Codefresh over the competitors, whereas "I like it because it sucks" was stated as the key factor in picking Kitematic.
Kitematic is an open source tool with 10.5K GitHub stars and 1.26K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kitematic's open source repository on GitHub.