Errbit vs Exceptiontrap: What are the differences?
Developers describe Errbit as "The open source error catcher that's Airbrake API compliant". Errbit is a tool for collecting and managing errors from other applications. It is Airbrake (formerly known as Hoptoad) API compliant, so if you are already using Airbrake, you can just point the airbrake gem to your Errbit server. On the other hand, Exceptiontrap is detailed as "Error tracking & monitoring for Rails and PHP". Exceptiontrap is the simple and powerful error tracking and exception monitoring service for Ruby on Rails and PHP.
Errbit and Exceptiontrap can be categorized as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Errbit are:
- Your exceptions may contain sensitive data that you don't want sitting on someone else's server
- Your application is behind a firewall
- You'd like to brand your error catcher
On the other hand, Exceptiontrap provides the following key features:
- With Exceptiontrap you know that your app runs smoothly in production.
- Exceptiontrap makes it easy to handle your app errors in a team. At the dashboard everyone sees whats going on and if there is something to do.
- The Information You Need: You can see all your apps information you need to know what was going wrong at one view. You can see all the information related to the error.
Errbit is an open source tool with 4.01K GitHub stars and 981 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Errbit's open source repository on GitHub.