Exceptionless vs Sentry: What are the differences?
Exceptionless: Real-time error reporting for your apps. Real-time exception reporting for ASP.NET, Web API, WebForms, WPF, Console, and MVC applications. Includes event organization, notifications, and more; Sentry: Cut time to resolution for app errors from five hours to five minutes. Sentry is an open-source platform for workflow productivity, aggregating errors from across the stack in real time. 500K developers use Sentry to get the code-level context they need to resolve issues at every stage of the app lifecycle.
Exceptionless and Sentry can be categorized as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Exceptionless are:
- Error notifications, including critical and regressions
- Intelligent grouping of exceptions, logs, and features
- Detailed error reports, including stacktrace
On the other hand, Sentry provides the following key features:
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
Exceptionless and Sentry are both open source tools. Sentry with 21.4K GitHub stars and 2.45K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Exceptionless with 1.55K GitHub stars and 387 GitHub forks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Exceptionless?
What is Sentry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions