Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
eXo Platform vs Jive Social Intranet: What are the differences?
Developers describe eXo Platform as "Open Source Enterprise Social Collaboration Platform". eXo combines the centralized framework of an enterprise portal with the social features of social networks to create the industry’s first enterprise social collaboration platform. Its open source-based, on premise solutions, cloud services and mobile apps provide developers with an easy way to integrate the key applications and services its employees use every day within a unified, secure and social environment to drive greater engagement, productivity and collaboration. On the other hand, Jive Social Intranet is detailed as "* Empower enterprise collaboration and alignment*". Jive turns your intranet into a hub of enterprise collaboration and communication. It enables new efficiencies and cohesion across your organization, keeps employees more engaged and informed, and drives innovation and business success.
eXo Platform and Jive Social Intranet belong to "Enterprise Collaboration" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by eXo Platform are:
- Social Networking
- Social profiles
- Activity streams
On the other hand, Jive Social Intranet provides the following key features:
- Connect, communicate, collaborate.- Brainstorm ideas and make quick decisions in Jive discussions. Keep each other informed with blogs, real-time status updates and smart activity streams. Share rich content. Create and complete documents together. Find answers fast. Stay connected, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.
- Ubiquitous access.- Connect and participate from your favorite smartphone or tablet with Jive Mobile. Converse with colleagues and view relevant content while visiting any website with Jive Anywhere. Get social context while using your CRM, content management system, Microsoft applications and other traditional software.
- Activity streams.- See updates across all the people, places, projects and content in your organization, at a glance. Jive’s activity streams give you a personalized view of the actions you can’t afford to miss. Intelligent filtering screens out everything but the most critical updates, so there’s no information overload.
Pros of eXo Platform
- Easy to use, easy to install15
- Great customer support12
- Great platform with simple integration8
- Simple script to start, proactive customer support7
- Excellent customer support7
- Community support7
- Tools for effective project collaboration7
- User-friendly interface6
- Github Integration5
- Great for capturing knowledge and more importantly re-u5
- EXo platform is just great and multilingual2
- Open Source and Social2