Jive Social Intranet vs Yammer: What are the differences?
What is Jive Social Intranet? * Empower enterprise collaboration and alignment*. Jive turns your intranet into a hub of enterprise collaboration and communication. It enables new efficiencies and cohesion across your organization, keeps employees more engaged and informed, and drives innovation and business success.
What is Yammer? Yammer is a Private Social Network for Your Company. Yammer brings the power of social networking to your company. Collaborate securely across departments, geographies, content and business applications.
Jive Social Intranet and Yammer can be primarily classified as "Enterprise Collaboration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Jive Social Intranet are:
- Connect, communicate, collaborate.- Brainstorm ideas and make quick decisions in Jive discussions. Keep each other informed with blogs, real-time status updates and smart activity streams. Share rich content. Create and complete documents together. Find answers fast. Stay connected, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.
- Ubiquitous access.- Connect and participate from your favorite smartphone or tablet with Jive Mobile. Converse with colleagues and view relevant content while visiting any website with Jive Anywhere. Get social context while using your CRM, content management system, Microsoft applications and other traditional software.
- Activity streams.- See updates across all the people, places, projects and content in your organization, at a glance. Jive’s activity streams give you a personalized view of the actions you can’t afford to miss. Intelligent filtering screens out everything but the most critical updates, so there’s no information overload.
On the other hand, Yammer provides the following key features:
- Accessing Yammer- Access Yammer from anywhere with an internet connection. Stay connected from your web browser, mobile device, or tablet. You can also view and interact with Yammer content within other business applications -- such as Sharepoint - using our API integrations.
- People and Conversations- Whether your company spans seven cubicles or seven continents, Yammer helps your team collaborate on content, ask questions, share knowledge, and get work done.
- Content Collaboration- Create, discuss, and share content with coworkers without sending a single email. Store large files, post documents to team workspaces, and collaboratively edit Pages in real time.