Fabric by Twitter vs HockeyApp: What are the differences?
What is Fabric by Twitter? Mobile developer platform. Installing and managing a wide range of SDKs can be cumbersome and complex. Fabric solves this problem by combining all seven of our SDKs under one roof and organizing them into three Kits: the Crashlytics Kit, the Twitter Kit, and the MoPub Kit.
What is HockeyApp? Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps. HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
Fabric by Twitter and HockeyApp can be categorized as "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution" tools.
Some of the features offered by Fabric by Twitter are:
- Crashlytics Kit - The Crashlytics Kit gives you a best-in-class toolset to build robust apps: crash reporting, beta distribution, and mobile app analytics that are so easy to understand, we called them Answers.
- Twitter Kit - Bring the conversation happening around the world into your app. From Login, to sharing, to displaying Tweets natively in your app, the Twitter Kit makes social integration simple.
- MoPub Kit - The MoPub kit helps you turn your app into a business. Monetize your app with just a few lines of code, and optimize your advertising across multiple ad networks.
On the other hand, HockeyApp provides the following key features:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
Edufii, Yummypets, and Poq are some of the popular companies that use Fabric by Twitter, whereas HockeyApp is used by Harvest, SOLEDOS GmbH, and Brigade. Fabric by Twitter has a broader approval, being mentioned in 65 company stacks & 18 developers stacks; compared to HockeyApp, which is listed in 50 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.