Figma vs Framer: What are the differences?
Figma can be classified as a tool in the "Graphic Design" category, while Framer is grouped under "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design Tools".
Some of the features offered by Figma are:
- Online Sketch alternative
- Free for small teams
- Easy to use
On the other hand, Framer provides the following key features:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
Framer is an open source tool with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Framer's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Figma has a broader approval, being mentioned in 67 company stacks & 56 developers stacks; compared to Framer, which is listed in 27 company stacks and 12 developer stacks.
What is Figma?
What is Framer?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Framer?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
If it weren't for legacy projects that are still haunting us, Figma would pretty much replace a whole fistful of tools we used to need.
We use it in our newser projects and freaking love it.
- Endless Design-File versioning.
- OS independent (Runs in the browser)
- super fast and performant
- Smart handling of components and styles
- easy sharing
- multiplayer editing of files. :D
- so many other smart features.
- Prototyping (pretty basic but much more to come as well)
Highly recommended. You should really give it a try.
[$99 One time purchase] We are currently learning Framer.js so that we can improve our rapid prototyping capabilites.