Firebase vs Flurry: What are the differences?
Developers describe Firebase as "The Realtime App Platform". Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds. On the other hand, Flurry is detailed as "Build, measure, advertise and monetize your apps". More companies trust Flurry Analytics to understand how consumers interact with their mobile applications than all other app analytics providers combined. Over 80,000 companies use Flurry Analytics in more than 230,000 applications to measure audience reach, engagement, retention, conversions, revenue and more.
Firebase can be classified as a tool in the "Realtime Backend / API" category, while Flurry is grouped under "Mobile Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Firebase are:
- Add the Firebase library to your app and get access to a shared data structure. Any changes made to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
- Firebase apps can be written entirely with client-side code, update in real-time out-of-the-box, interoperate well with existing services, scale automatically, and provide strong data security.
- Data Accessibility- Data is stored as JSON in Firebase. Every piece of data has its own URL which can be used in Firebase's client libraries and as a REST endpoint. These URLs can also be entered into a browser to view the data and watch it update in real-time.
On the other hand, Flurry provides the following key features:
- Harness the power of industry-leading mobile app analytics for free
- Look beyond the download to investigate how users interact with your app
- Learn how, when, where and by what kind of audience your app is used
"Realtime backend made easy" is the top reason why over 318 developers like Firebase, while over 5 developers mention "Most complete and developer/marketing friendly metrics" as the leading cause for choosing Flurry.
According to the StackShare community, Firebase has a broader approval, being mentioned in 859 company stacks & 997 developers stacks; compared to Flurry, which is listed in 24 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Firebase?
What is Flurry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions