GitHub Pages vs Squarespace: What are the differences?
What is GitHub Pages? Public webpages freely hosted and easily published. Public webpages hosted directly from your GitHub repository. Just edit, push, and your changes are live.
What is Squarespace? Everything You Need To Create An Exceptional Website. Whether you need simple pages, sophisticated galleries, a professional blog, or want to sell online, it all comes standard with your Squarespace website. Squarespace starts you with beautiful designs right out of the box — each handcrafted by our award-winning design team to make your content stand out.
GitHub Pages and Squarespace are primarily classified as "Static Web Hosting" and "Website Builder" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by GitHub Pages are:
- Blogging with Jekyll
- Custom URLs
- Automatic Page Generator
On the other hand, Squarespace provides the following key features:
- SELL ANYTHING- Easily add a store to any Squarespace website and start selling physical and digital goods immediately.
- PAINLESS STORE MANAGEMENT- Manage your inventory, process customer orders, print packing slips, and customize emails all in one intuitive interface.
- BUILD BETTER PAGES WITH LAYOUTENGINE- LayoutEngine technology gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, products, and content blocks. Simply drag and drop your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
"Free" is the primary reason why developers consider GitHub Pages over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Squarespace.
According to the StackShare community, GitHub Pages has a broader approval, being mentioned in 576 company stacks & 682 developers stacks; compared to Squarespace, which is listed in 419 company stacks and 23 developer stacks.
We use Netlify to host static websites.
The reasons for choosing Netlify over GitHub Pages are as follows:
- Netfily can bind multiple domain names, while GitHub Pages can only bind one domain name
- With Netfily, the original repository can be private, while GitHub Pages free tier requires the original repository to be public
In addition, in order to use CDN, we use Netlify DNS.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is GitHub Pages?
What is Squarespace?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions