IBM - API Connect vs Postman: What are the differences?
Developers describe IBM - API Connect as "A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management". A comprehensive API management solution for your entire API lifecycle from creation to management. On the other hand, Postman is detailed as "Only complete API development environment". Postman is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
IBM - API Connect and Postman belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by IBM - API Connect are:
- Create scalable and secure APIs for application servers, databases, enterprise service buses (ESB) and mainframes
- Manage—create and manage portals that allow developers to quickly discover and consume APIs and securely access enterprise data, and monitor APIs to improve performance.
- Secure—Administrators can manage security and governance over APIs and the microservices. IT can set and enforce API policies to secure back-end information assets and comply with governance and regulatory mandates.
On the other hand, Postman provides the following key features:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
"Innovated Approach, Super customer support" is the top reason why over 2 developers like IBM - API Connect, while over 464 developers mention "Easy to use" as the leading cause for choosing Postman.