Inspeqtor vs Opsmatic: What are the differences?
Inspeqtor: Easy application infrastructure monitoring. Inspeqtor monitors your application infrastructure. It gathers and verifies key metrics from all the moving parts in your application and alerts you when something looks wrong. It understands the application deployment workflow so it won't bother you during a deploy; Opsmatic: Complete configuration and live state monitoring with automatic drift detection. Configuration monitoring with automatic drift detection. Tools to compare host states and visualize activity, helping you solve problems faster. Shared visibility for your entire technical team.
Inspeqtor and Opsmatic can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Inspeqtor are:
- Monitor init.d-, systemd-, upstart-, runit- or launchd-managed services
- Monitor process memory and CPU usage
- Monitor daemon-specific metrics (e.g. redis, memcached, mysql, nginx...)
On the other hand, Opsmatic provides the following key features:
- Drift detection for host groups
- Run failure alerts for Chef and Puppet
- Infrastructure-wide search
Inspeqtor is an open source tool with 1.63K GitHub stars and 73 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Inspeqtor's open source repository on GitHub.