Inspeqtor vs SignalFx: What are the differences?
What is Inspeqtor? Easy application infrastructure monitoring. Inspeqtor monitors your application infrastructure. It gathers and verifies key metrics from all the moving parts in your application and alerts you when something looks wrong. It understands the application deployment workflow so it won't bother you during a deploy.
What is SignalFx? Monitoring and Operational Intelligence for the Cloud. We provide operational intelligence for today’s elastic architectures through monitoring specifically designed for microservices and containers with: -powerful and proactive alerting -metrics aggregation -visualization into time series data.
Inspeqtor and SignalFx can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Inspeqtor are:
- Monitor init.d-, systemd-, upstart-, runit- or launchd-managed services
- Monitor process memory and CPU usage
- Monitor daemon-specific metrics (e.g. redis, memcached, mysql, nginx...)
On the other hand, SignalFx provides the following key features:
- Beautiful streaming visualizations
- Meaningful, fast alerting using SignalFlow analytics
- High resolution metrics up to 1 sec
Inspeqtor is an open source tool with 1.63K GitHub stars and 73 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Inspeqtor's open source repository on GitHub.