Mandrill vs SparkPost: What are the differences?
What is Mandrill? Send transactional, triggered, and personalized email, then track results. Mandrill is a new way for apps to send transactional email. It runs on the delivery infrastructure that powers MailChimp.
What is SparkPost? Email Delivery and Analytics for Developers and Enterprises. SparkPost is the world’s #1 email delivery provider. We empower companies with actionable, real-time data to send relevant email to their customers which increases engagement and both top and bottom line revenue.
Mandrill and SparkPost belong to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Mandrill are:
- Inbound Email- Set up inboxes for Mandrill to control. When they receive email, we’ll make an API call to your app with all the relevant information, so you don’t have to worry about what’s happening behind the scenes.
- Webhooks Support- Create custom event notifications, keep track of new signups and unsubscribes in real-time, get a notice of every spam complaint so you can flag them in your database.
- Rules Engine- Modify the content of email coming through Mandrill without having to involve developers. For example, you could tell Mandrill to take any email coming from email@example.com, give it a new template, and add Google Analytics tracking.
On the other hand, SparkPost provides the following key features:
- Quick and easy SMTP or REST API integration
- Free trial
- Real-time & predictive analytics
"Simple installation" is the primary reason why developers consider Mandrill over the competitors, whereas "I could start sending real emails in less than 5 mins" was stated as the key factor in picking SparkPost.
According to the StackShare community, Mandrill has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2312 company stacks & 205 developers stacks; compared to SparkPost, which is listed in 49 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.
What is Mandrill?
What is SparkPost?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add, upvote and see more consMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
This is by far the best way to send emails. I learned the API in under 15 minutes and started sending email right then. And best of all, it's completely free to use them for me! They give you 12,000 emails/month for free. I don't have to send much email, so I've never paid a cent. I highly recommend them.
Send transactional or marketing email from your web apps. SparkPost provides all the deliverability, scalability and speed you expect from the world's leading email platform in an easily integrated, pay-as-you-go email delivery service.
We use Mandrill to send transactional emails and newsletters. We've just moved from SendGrid as Mandrill has far better support for templates and also integrates really nicely with MailChimp where we can design the emails.
We started off with AWS SES, but found it to be lacking in diagnostics and reporting. Mandrill is a quantum leap forward in this regard. Has some other really neat features carried over from MailChimp (templating).
We use Mandrill to handle all transactional emailing - from welcome letters to password reminders to notifications.
Mandrill is used to send out all e-mail from the application and any tools and services in our infrastructure.
We have add-on for Agile Toolkit that implements "Outbox" for your application through Mandrill API.