Mist.io vs Morpheus: What are the differences?
Developers describe Mist.io as "Manage and monitor servers across clouds with any web device". Create, reboot or destroy virtual machines. View their metadata, tag and search them. Assign keys and send SSH commands through the web. Enable monitoring, alerting & automation. You'll know right away if anything goes wrong. You'll be able to address issues from anywhere, using your phone or tablet. On the other hand, Morpheus is detailed as "Orchestrate, Automate, and Manage Across Any Cloud". Morpheus is a cloud application management and orchestration platform that works on any cloud or infrastructure, from AWS to bare metal. Enjoy complete cloud freedom with Morpheus.
Mist.io and Morpheus belong to "Cloud Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Mist.io are:
- Supports AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack, and Linode
- Friendly- Adapts to each device to provide the best possible user experience. Enables you to connect from anywhere, anytime.
- Secure- All traffic uses high grade encryption. Every line of code is regularly audited to ensure the safety of your data.
On the other hand, Morpheus provides the following key features:
- Provisioning - Intuitive UI lets you provision databases, apps, and app stack components on any server or cloud — on-premise, private, public, or hybrid — within seconds. Provisioning is performed asynchronously, allowing multiple IT systems to be provisioned simultaneously.
- Rapid Implementation - The future is fast. That’s why a typical Morpheus installation takes just 60 minutes and requires minimal IT support. Saving you time and money, so you can focus on what truly matters to your organization.
- Elastic Scaling & Failover - Easily manage databases and apps by adding more nodes on the web UI, CLI, or through an API call. Morpheus automatically configures the database or app cluster to accommodate these new nodes.