OneSignal vs Pusher: What are the differences?
Developers describe OneSignal as "Free Mobile and Web Push Notifications". Free mobile and web push notification service. On the other hand, Pusher is detailed as "Hosted APIs to build realtime apps with less code". Pusher is the category leader in delightful APIs for app developers building communication and collaboration features.
OneSignal belongs to "Mobile Push Messaging" category of the tech stack, while Pusher can be primarily classified under "Realtime Backend / API".
Some of the features offered by OneSignal are:
- Multiplatform notifications
- Web Push Support
- Safari Push Notifications
On the other hand, Pusher provides the following key features:
- Easily build scalable in-app notifications, chat, realtime graphs, geotracking and more in your web & mobile apps with our hosted pub/sub messaging API.
- Send programmable push notifications to iOS and Android devices with delivery and open rate tracking built in.
- Easily add 1-1 and group Chat to your web & mobile apps. Presence, message storage, rich media, notifications, typing indicators and more.
"More parametrable" is the primary reason why developers consider OneSignal over the competitors, whereas "An easy way to give customers realtime features" was stated as the key factor in picking Pusher.
According to the StackShare community, Pusher has a broader approval, being mentioned in 125 company stacks & 42 developers stacks; compared to OneSignal, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 15 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is OneSignal?
What is Pusher?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions