Raygun vs TrackJS: What are the differences?
Raygun and TrackJS can be primarily classified as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Raygun are:
- Error, crash and performance monitoring, in one platform
- Support for every major programming language and platform
- Minutes to set up
On the other hand, TrackJS provides the following key features:
- Telemetry Timeline: More than just an error. The Telemetry Timeline shows the user, network, and console events that preceded an error, like an airplane's BlackBox for your webapp.
- Realtime Dashboard: Compare the hits and errors for your webapp over time. See if a recent change is causing failures, and where to prioritize debugging.
- Intelligence Alerting: Get notified when issues important to you are happening, right to your email or chat room.
"Easy setup and brilliant features" is the top reason why over 29 developers like Raygun, while over 12 developers mention "Great error reporting" as the leading cause for choosing TrackJS.
According to the StackShare community, TrackJS has a broader approval, being mentioned in 328 company stacks & 29 developers stacks; compared to Raygun, which is listed in 44 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
What is Raygun?
What is TrackJS?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Raygun?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Raygun?
What are the cons of using TrackJS?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I've used Raygun to track errors in HTML5 apps and WordPress themes. The integration was smooth and I was set up in minutes.
My only qualm at first was that I was going to get spammed to the eye-balls with errors (especially with some of the unhandled errors in WordPress plugins!). Thankfully, Raygun gives you fine control over notifications and conveniently groups all the bugs being reported.
Since setting it up, it has saved me a lot of time and headaches, and I rate it very highly. I've never had to use the support, as I've never had any trouble with it, but I'll assume it's Great!
Raygun saves us so much time we're hooked for life. Great support too.
we used raygun at talenthouse to track errors within our codebase. fairly decent tool, simple ui. even helped the raygun team track down a few issues as we were using their scala integration library.