Rollbar vs TrackJS: What are the differences?
Rollbar and TrackJS belong to "Exception Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Rollbar are:
- Errors get queued, de-duped, grouped and prioritized
- View detailed stack traces with local variables
On the other hand, TrackJS provides the following key features:
- Telemetry Timeline: More than just an error. The Telemetry Timeline shows the user, network, and console events that preceded an error, like an airplane's BlackBox for your webapp.
- Realtime Dashboard: Compare the hits and errors for your webapp over time. See if a recent change is causing failures, and where to prioritize debugging.
- Intelligence Alerting: Get notified when issues important to you are happening, right to your email or chat room.
"Consolidates similar errors by impact" is the top reason why over 70 developers like Rollbar, while over 12 developers mention "Great error reporting" as the leading cause for choosing TrackJS.
Instacart, Lyft, and Twitch are some of the popular companies that use Rollbar, whereas TrackJS is used by Pandora, Everlane, and TrackIf. Rollbar has a broader approval, being mentioned in 479 company stacks & 115 developers stacks; compared to TrackJS, which is listed in 328 company stacks and 29 developer stacks.
I essentially inherited a Shopify theme that was originally created by an agency. After discovering a number of errors being thrown in the Dev Console just by scrolling through the website, I needed more visibility over any errors happening in the field. Having used both Sentry and TrackJS, I always got lost in the TrackJS interface, so I felt more comfortable introducing Sentry. The Sentry free tier is also very generous, although it turns out the theme threw over 15k errors in less than a week.
I highly recommend setting up error tracking from day one. Theoretically, you should never need to upgrade from the free tier if you're keeping on top of the errors...
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Rollbar?
What is TrackJS?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions