Sentry vs TrackJS: What are the differences?
Sentry and TrackJS can be primarily classified as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Sentry are:
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
On the other hand, TrackJS provides the following key features:
- Telemetry Timeline: More than just an error. The Telemetry Timeline shows the user, network, and console events that preceded an error, like an airplane's BlackBox for your webapp.
- Realtime Dashboard: Compare the hits and errors for your webapp over time. See if a recent change is causing failures, and where to prioritize debugging.
- Intelligence Alerting: Get notified when issues important to you are happening, right to your email or chat room.
"Consolidates similar errors and makes resolution easy" is the primary reason why developers consider Sentry over the competitors, whereas "Great error reporting" was stated as the key factor in picking TrackJS.
Sentry is an open source tool with 21.2K GitHub stars and 2.42K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sentry's open source repository on GitHub.
reddit, StackShare, and Sentry are some of the popular companies that use Sentry, whereas TrackJS is used by Everlane, Huffington Post, and Belly. Sentry has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1323 company stacks & 421 developers stacks; compared to TrackJS, which is listed in 328 company stacks and 29 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Sentry?
What is TrackJS?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions