SignalFx vs Skylight: What are the differences?
Developers describe SignalFx as "Monitoring and Operational Intelligence for the Cloud". We provide operational intelligence for today’s elastic architectures through monitoring specifically designed for microservices and containers with: -powerful and proactive alerting -metrics aggregation -visualization into time series data. On the other hand, Skylight is detailed as "The smart profiler for your Rails apps". Skylight is a smart profiler for your Rails apps that visualizes request performance across all of your servers.
SignalFx and Skylight belong to "Performance Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by SignalFx are:
- Beautiful streaming visualizations
- Meaningful, fast alerting using SignalFlow analytics
- High resolution metrics up to 1 sec
On the other hand, Skylight provides the following key features:
- Skylight looks at how your code is behaving in production, alerting you to improvements you can make before they become showstoppers.
- Skylight tells you exactly how your app is spending its time where it matters most—in your production environment
- Pricing starts at $20 for the first million requests, with automatic discounts for high-volume customers
According to the StackShare community, Skylight has a broader approval, being mentioned in 39 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to SignalFx, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.