Airbrake vs Errbit: What are the differences?
Developers describe Airbrake as "Airbrake captures and groups errors in Ruby, iOS, Django, PHP & more". Airbrake collects errors for your applications in all major languages and frameworks. We alert you to new errors and give you critical context, trends and details needed to find and fix errors fast. On the other hand, Errbit is detailed as "The open source error catcher that's Airbrake API compliant". Errbit is a tool for collecting and managing errors from other applications. It is Airbrake (formerly known as Hoptoad) API compliant, so if you are already using Airbrake, you can just point the airbrake gem to your Errbit server.
Airbrake and Errbit belong to "Exception Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Airbrake are:
- Dupe Detection- Developers will only receive an email once when an error occurs — rather than getting buried under an error email avalanche.
- Auto Resolve- An action on each application deployment — that way developers can focus on the problems that exist today, not the ones from last month.
- Github Aware- Airbrake is github-aware, and can link code in your Airbrake error stack traces to the corresponding locations on github.
On the other hand, Errbit provides the following key features:
- Your exceptions may contain sensitive data that you don't want sitting on someone else's server
- Your application is behind a firewall
- You'd like to brand your error catcher
"Reliable" is the top reason why over 26 developers like Airbrake, while over 9 developers mention "Airbrake compliant" as the leading cause for choosing Errbit.
Errbit is an open source tool with 4.01K GitHub stars and 981 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Errbit's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Airbrake?
What is Errbit?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Errbit?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Errbit?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Efficiently trace and detect errors in the stack without having to explicitly setup error tracking for each action.