Apigee vs Runscope: What are the differences?
Developers describe Apigee as "Intelligent and complete API platform". API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world. On the other hand, Runscope is detailed as "API Performance Monitoring". Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring.
Apigee and Runscope can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Runscope provides the following key features:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the primary reason why developers consider Apigee over the competitors, whereas "Great features" was stated as the key factor in picking Runscope.
According to the StackShare community, Runscope has a broader approval, being mentioned in 38 company stacks & 7 developers stacks; compared to Apigee, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
What is Apigee?
What is Runscope?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Runscope?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Used Runscope for monitoring API uptime and data validation in context of the Harald beacon platform.