AppFog vs cloudControl: What are the differences?
AppFog and cloudControl can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AppFog are:
- Launches fast, runs fast- Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work- No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM- Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
On the other hand, cloudControl provides the following key features:
- Develop and push code in any language- Native support for Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and more without vendor lock-in.
- Deploy and scale your apps easily- Launch new versions without downtime and use horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Use the flexible and secure runtime environment- Run your code in secure Linux containers and easily use Add-on services to add databases and more.