AWS CodeDeploy vs BrowserStack: What are the differences?
What is AWS CodeDeploy? Coordinate application deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to Amazon EC2 instances. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications.
What is BrowserStack? Instant access to a lab of 1000+ real mobile and desktop browsers for testing. Live, Web-Based Browser Testing Instant access to all real mobile and desktop browsers. Say goodbye to your lab of devices and virtual machines.
AWS CodeDeploy can be classified as a tool in the "Deployment as a Service" category, while BrowserStack is grouped under "Browser Testing".
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeDeploy are:
- AWS CodeDeploy fully automates your code deployments, allowing you to deploy reliably and rapidly
- AWS CodeDeploy helps maximize your application availability by performing rolling updates across your Amazon EC2 instances and tracking application health according to configurable rules
- AWS CodeDeploy allows you to easily launch and track the status of your deployments through the AWS Management Console or the AWS CLI
On the other hand, BrowserStack provides the following key features:
- Real Device Cloud. Test on a range of physical Android and iOS mobile devices and tablets for the most accurate results
- 1100+ desktop browsers. Latest versions of IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and more on a range of Windows and OS X platforms on a robust cloud infrastructure
- Test dev environments. Our Local Testing feature allows you to test development and internal websites seamlessly, without setup or configuration
"Automates code deployments" is the primary reason why developers consider AWS CodeDeploy over the competitors, whereas "Multiple browsers" was stated as the key factor in picking BrowserStack.
Wikipedia, New Yorker, and Movielala are some of the popular companies that use BrowserStack, whereas AWS CodeDeploy is used by Adsia, Algorithmia, and indico. BrowserStack has a broader approval, being mentioned in 572 company stacks & 230 developers stacks; compared to AWS CodeDeploy, which is listed in 57 company stacks and 14 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS CodeDeploy?
What is BrowserStack?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions